Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as they govern your use of the E-bike Lovers guides and the GPS E-trails.
Your use of the E-bike Lovers guides and website zxconstitutes your acceptance without modification of all of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein.
Please read the following disclaimer before using the E-bike Lovers guides. Contents of the E-bike Lovers guides, defined and referred to as the hard copy, PDF, and e-Book formats of the E-bike Lovers guides, associated websites, blogs, apps and any other means of communication are intended for educational purposes only. They should not be relied upon for any practical, medical, health, legal or financial decisions.
Any opinions expressed in the E-bike Lovers guides are the opinions of the authors and not necessarily of the authors’ affiliates, family, and former and current employers. The authors, their affiliates, family and former and current employers take NO representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, appropriateness, or accuracy of the information in the E-bike Lovers guides and;
- Will NOT be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of the E-bike Lovers guides, including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages;
- Do NOT accept any liability or responsibility for any accident or injury on trails, paths and roads described in the E-bike Lovers guides and/or those caused by the usage of the trails and GPS E-trails described in the E-bike Lovers guides;
- Do NOT assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of biking directions and trail conditions in the E-bike Lovers guides. Although every effort has been made by the authors to ensure that the E-bike Lovers guides provide accurate information on trails, the condition of trails may change over time;
- Do NOT accept liability for your personal safety on any of the biking areas described in the E-bike Lovers guides. The information in the E-bike Lovers guides is a resource only. It is your responsibility to be adequately prepared for a biking ride, and you alone are responsible for your own safety and for complying with all traffic laws, regulations and directives.
Biking and using trail descriptions and maps in the E-bike Lovers guides and using GPS equipment is a personal choice and requires that YOU understand that you are personally responsible for any actions you may take based on the information in the E-bike Lovers guides. Using any information in the E-bike Lovers guides is your own personal responsibility.
Biking and associated trail activities can be dangerous, and with all outdoor activities can result in injury or death. Biking exposes you to risks. While biking, you may encounter a number of risks you should be aware of. These relate to risks associated with biking, including but not limited to:
- Weather conditions such as wind, rain, snow and lightning;
- People affected by medical conditions, illness and virus infections, including COVID 19;
Hazardous plants or wild animals;
- Objects hidden on paths and trails such as discarded construction materials and fence wiring;
- Your own physical condition, or your own acts or omissions;
- Conditions of roads, trails, or terrain, and accidents connected with their use receiving First Aid, emergency treatment or other medical services you may receive and/or require;
- Accidents and injuries occurring while travelling to or from the biking areas;
- The inaccessibility or remoteness of the biking areas which may delay rescue and medical treatment;
- The distance of the biking areas from emergency medical facilities and law enforcement personnel.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER GREGORY MAASSEN, THEIR AFFILIATES, FAMILY AND FORMER AND CURRENT EMPLOYERS NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE E-BIKE LOVERS GUIDES IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF A USER’S ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE E-BIKE LOVERS GUIDES.
You assume all risk of errors and/or omissions in the E-bike Lovers guides including the transmission or translation of information. In addition, you acknowledge, understand, and agree that there are risks, including but not limited to, the risk of physical harm, the risk of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons, or people acting under false pretenses.
You assume all risks associated with dealing with the vendors with whom you may come in contact with through the E-bike Lovers guides.
You assume full responsibility for implementing sufficient procedures and updates to satisfy your requirements for the accuracy and suitability of the E-bike Lovers guides including the information provided thereon.
By using the guides, you agree that any action brought by you will be brought within the District of Columbia and that you agree to attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the US courts. You further agree that the laws in force in the said District of Columbia shall govern this Agreement.
Please acknowledge sponsors, copyright holders and authors if you use their work. You cannot sell any of the materials in the biking guides or use them for any other commercial purpose unless otherwise indicated.
All materials in the biking guides have been included with the permission of copyright holders and/or when allowed under legislation. Please note that we retain full copyright of the text and map designs in this biking guide, the cover design and GPS files. The biking videos, animations, the background ground of the maps and photos are licensed under the CC BY-SA license.
Other relevant licenses are displayed in the biking guide. Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
As with the contents of the biking guides, the E-trails are protected by copyrights laws. Please refrain from posting the GPS files on the Internet. This allows us to maintain high quality standards while owners of the biking guides continue to benefit from the E-trails and other great resources that come with the biking guides.
We take the protection of our copyright and licenses very seriously. If you come across any illegal copies of the biking guides, in any form, on the Internet, or elsewhere, please provide us with the location address or website name so that we can pursue a remedy. We appreciate your help in protecting our ability to bring you valuable content combined with the additional resources available through the website.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE
Please read carefully. This is a release of liability and waiver of certain legal rights you need to sign before each e-mountain biking event.
"In consideration for being permitted to participate in bicycling and bicycling related activities of E-bike Lovers E-Mountain Biking, participants agree to the following Release of Liability and Covenant Not to Sue (the “Release”):
1. Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risks. I understand that the Activities are inherently dangerous and involve significant risks of personal injury, death, and property damage. By means of example and not limitation, I understand that I may encounter risks associated with variations in terrain, jumps, technical trail features and other natural and human-made hazards and obstacles and the design and construction thereof; as well as risks relating to my conduct and the conduct of others participating in the Activities, which independently or in combination with the Activities may cause personal injury, death, and property damage. I hereby assume and accept responsibility for all risks of personal injury, death, and property damage which might be associated with my participation in the Activities whether known or unknown and whether attributable to my actions or inactions or the actions or inactions (including negligence) of anyone else.
2. Release of Liability and Covenant not to Sue. I hereby release and discharge E-bike Lovers and its founders, directors, officers, volunteers, members, employees, and agents, any Event sponsors, and any other owner, operator, or manager of the facilities hosting an event (the “Released Parties”) from any and all responsibility, liability, claims, damages, costs, attorneys’ fees, expenses, and from any and all causes of action either known or unknown, relating to or arising out of my participation in the Activities. Further, I hereby covenant not to sue or assert any claim of any nature against the Released Parties relating to or arising out of my participation in the Activities.
3. Indemnity. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, costs, expenses, or liability (including attorneys' fees), attributable to personal injury or death, or to damage or destruction of property relating to or arising out of my participation in the Activities.
4. Representations. I represent that: (i) I am 18 years old or older; (ii) I know of no reason, medical or otherwise, which would prevent me from participating in the Activities; (iii) I understand and agree that this Release is binding upon me, and my heirs and assigns.
5. Consent to Medical Treatment. If I am injured or become ill, I consent to and authorize the provision of emergency first aid or medical treatment.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT. I HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND I INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF RELEASED PARTIES TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW."